Following a successful project to open 1st Kirkland & Catterall Scout Group, Wyre Scouts is now looking for a Group Lead Volunteer.
We think you OR your mum / dad / best friend / neighbour might be perfect for this role. As the leader of the team we would call you the Group Lead Volunteer!
In a nutshell, the Group Lead Volunteer would be:
- Inspiring and enthusiastic, super resourceful and full of energy
- A problem solver, fantastic team builder and a leader
- Believe passionately about developing young people and volunteers to be their best
1st Kirkland & Catterall won’t be the only one to benefit – so what’s in it for you?
This is an opportunity to make a real difference to local young people.
Being a Group Lead Volunteer, will look great on your CV, demonstrating to prospective employers that you have some amazing additional skills. Don’t worry if you are new to Scouts, that’s no problem, we will teach you everything you need to know! The attached Vacancy Pack which contains a full role description and provides more information about the role.
Volunteering with Scouting can be as flexible as you need so if you are worried that you won’t have enough time why not consider a role share within a small team.
There are many ways that you can apply or nominate someone else – why not give it a go and try one of them:
- Click here to apply/nominate someone using our online form
- Contact Jon Minshull (District Lead Volunteer) at firstname.lastname@example.org
We would love to hear from you by 30th November 2023.
Thank you for your time so far and please do shout if you have any queries at all!
District Lead Volunteer (District Commissioner)